I realize that you’re supposed to write a reflective post about the past year before the actual new year, but I’m just getting around to it now. I didn’t want 2006 to completely pass without noting one thing: it was the absolute best year of my life!
I don’t say that lightly. I couldn’t be any more appreciative of what a great year 2006 was. Two years ago at this time, I was absolutely relieved that the door was closing on 2004 because it was easily the worst year of my life from a personal standpoint as I experienced a few serious tragedies in rapid succession (though work hummed along, thankfully — I think personal crisis gave me some professional focus). Fast forward two years to 2006, and things are so all-around amazing I can hardly believe it. (I say this not to gloat as much as to offer hope to those for whom 2006 was a bad year. Time does heal all wounds.)
Best of all in 2006, I got engaged to Nancy, which still blows my mind. It is truly amazing what a great woman can do for your life.
Some other highlights from 2006:
- going to Paris to pop the question
- playing with friends’ new babies
- working on the internal Yahoo! Hack Days
- making my first trip to India for their Hack Day
- opening Yahoo! up with Open Hack Day
- working with an amazing cast to pull the whole thing off
- watching the presenters at Hack Day (internal and open) show their creations with geeky passion (Mo’s “saved by Patrick Stewart” presentation is the stuff of legends)
- bringing Beck to play Open Hack Day and meeting him (not to mention the puppet video)
- winning a Yahoo! Superstar Award (Jeff Boulter, another winner, explains what that’s all about)
- working with the Yahoo! Developer Network team on dozens of big and small things
It’s been a great year. To friends, family, colleagues, and others who made 2006 the year that it was, I offer a heartfelt “thank you.” Here’s wishing that 2007 will be the best year of your life.
7 thoughts on “2006: the best year of my life”
wow – that was a good year for you chad, and you led w/ nancy (very smart)…
here’s hoping your 2007 is even better 🙂
Hey Chad – I really enjoy reading your blog. It is great to see how well you have done and what a great year you have had. Also, Congrats on the engagement – I’ll pray that God will richly bless your future marriage.
Congrats on having such a fabulous year, especially getting hooked up with a fabulous woman. It couldn’t happen to a nicer person. 🙂
Here’s to 2007!
Congrats Chad. I’m glad someone had a good 2006, because my 2006 is in the running for my worst year ever. But I do mean congrats, especially on the engagement!
Hey Chad… awesome year! I’m really happy for you. You deserve it!
I LOVE 2006 TOO! IT WAS THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE!! I MISS 2006 =(.
I miss 06….
Comments are closed.