This page is an archive of some of the things I wanted to remember from my time at Etsy.
- Dumbo Feather Conversations, May 2012 (48 mins). Dumbo Feather is a magazine out of Melbourne, Australia. This is a conversation between Berry Lieberman (Dumbo Feather Editor) and me in Melbourne on a very memorable trip to Australia. This was fun and we talked about Etsy and punk rock, as I recall.
- XOXO Festival. September 2012 (37 mins)
- Pando Monthly, January 2013 (1 hr 45 mins). Very long interview with Sarah Lacy of Pando.
- Duke Fuqua School of Business Distinguished Speaker Series, March 2013 (57 mins)
- CBS This Morning interview. August 2014 (5 mins).
- Stanford “Education as Self-Fashioning” (ESF) class, September 2014 (1 hr 15 mins). This particular class was all first-year students and it was very much a “how to think about your life” discussion. From Stanford’s description: “In Education as Self-Fashioning, we explore the idea of cultivating self from many different perspectives. We consider writings about education by intellectuals working in various fields, with the aim of articulating the ways that education can be used to structure one’s thinking, one’s self, and ultimately one’s life as a whole.”
- James Fallows of the Atlantic, Washington Ideas Forum, November 2014 (19 mins). I’ve been reading his work for years and it was an honor to be interviewed by him.
- The decision to take paternity leave, December 2014. Washington Post.
- Testifying to the US House Subcommittee on Energy and Commerce about Net Neutrality, January 2015 (3 hrs 8 mins).
- Creative Communities: discussion with Esther Dyson, DLD 2015 (Munich), January 2015 (22 mins)
- Testifying at the FCC hearing where Net Neutrality was upheld, February 2015 (1 hr 45 mins)
- Made by Hand: Interview with Jessi Hempel, Wired Business Conference, May 2015 (31 mins)
- Forging a Different path: Lessons and Insights from Launching a Public B Corp, Wisdom 2.0, October 2015 (35 mins)
- NetImpact Keynote: Interview with Katherine Klein of Wharton, November 2016 (42 mins)
- CBS This Morning (5 mins). February 2017
- Etsy Holiday Record (Soundcloud) – we recorded this in a few hours in 2013
- Etsy Recruiting Video (2010)
- Interviewing Eugene Mirman – Flickr photos (October 2011)
- Bre Pettis makes an urban hammock with disastrous results (July 2008)